Where chips and cheese unite

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cheesy Recipeesy: Berry Dessert Nachos

At first, we were incredibly confused by the very name of it, but hey, we're open minded. Check out this creative recipe found on eBay Guides for sweet, not savory, nachos to eat after, say, your regular nachos. This desert only look dangerous, but its actually a great solution for diabetics seeking a sweet fix. Try it out and tell us what you think.

Berry Dessert Nachos
Makes 6 servings
Prep: 15 minutes Bake: 8 minutes

What You Need:
3 8-inch plain or whole wheat flour tortillas
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup fat-free or light dairy sour cream
3/4 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups fresh raspberries and/or blackberries
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
1 tablespoon grated semisweet chocolate

How You Work the Magic:
Preheat oven to 400 degree F. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, dessert topping, vanilla, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Cover and chill while preparing tortillas. Lightly brush both sides of each tortilla with melted butter. In a small bowl, stir together sugar and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; arrange on two ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely. To serve, divide tortilla wedges among six dessert plates. Top with raspberries and/or blackberries and sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with almonds and grated chocolate.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi Queso Joe,

Thanks for leaving a comment in my post Label list for old classic Blogger and for your kind words.

BTW I am categorizing my readers according to country. Where are you from? I am from Malaysia.

You can reply here or in my post Label list for old classic Blogger. However, if you want to maintain privacy, that is also OK, in which case you need not reply.

7:37 PM

 
Blogger Desiree said...

Man, I am going to try this one.

11:50 PM

 
Blogger BlogSloth said...

I can't believe we haven't exchanged links yet. Rock on!!

seanlovelace.com

S

6:32 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Queso Joe,

I found your Nacho Blog online and liked all of your posts. The main reason I found you was because I was doing a search on Nacho Reviews, and although they're hard to find, I wanted to find as many like minded people as I could. :D I started a Nachos site. Right now it has mainly Nachos Reviews/Rankings but I want to make it all about the ins and outs of Nachos. I added you on my site for others to see, I hope that's ok. I'm still starting off but I'm already backed up on reviews on the site. Check it out if you want. www.iwst99.com

Keep the Nacho love alive!

Cya,

iwst99

11:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

Chip in! Tell us what you think.

<< Home